As 2013 comes to a close, we look ahead to what 2014 has to offer in the fashion world. So far, 2014 is looking pretty good! Here are 5 street chic trends to look forward to this year.
1. Playing mix & match with prints. Simply pair a neutral print with a busier one. For example, wear a stripped basic top with a muted floral skirt. This will allow one of the printed pieces to shine, while the other one supports it. Playing mix and match is a fun way to show off your style this year. If you want to amp it up a notch and take a note from Anna Sui, mix a bold colored print with a fun cheetah print!
2. Black and White: I never tire of the black and white combo. Its edgy, classic, chic and it packs a bold punch. We are huge Maurie and Eve fans, because they pair this combo in many of their pieces to perfection. Check out our Cruise T-shirt in white and our Hazy Shade in Coal Crest skirt. It's a beautiful yet edgy combo. In a world filled with loud colors, this pared-down palette will definitely get you noticed, in all your monochromatic splendor. Nothing is more chic then black and white.
3. Sweaters with EVERYTHING for the Spring: Spring knits make for next season's staple separate. For a chilly spring day/evening, keep those sweaters from winter around. Whether it's boldly printed or inventively cut, the seasonal sweater is an easy-chic piece to pair with tailored pants, flirty skirts, and blousy shorts—or to just throw on over a light dress. Check out our BB Dakota Bardot gold mesh sweater. Perfect for any season.
4. Exposed midriffs/Crop Tops: On runways everywhere we are seeing high waisted pants and pencil skirts paired with boxy top crops. Michael Kors designed a long sleeve crop top that seemed fashion-forward and sporty, exposing just a sliver of mid-section. And at the Balenciaga runway show, crop tops were created with flattering boxy cuts that did not cling to the body.
5. Evil eye Jewelry: Evil Eye bracelets, rings and necklaces have taken Hollywood by storm. Celebs such as Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, Hillary Duff and Madonna herself have been wearing this trend. In Turkish custom, the chain's talismanic eye is believed to protect its possessor against negativity. This is why we were thrilled to recieve our Sara Designs crystal Evil Eye Bracelet. Protect yourself in 2014!